The Equity Release Council has added Legal & General’s Steve Ellis and Key Retirement’s Richard Overson to the board.
Ellis (pictured) is managing director of Legal & General Home Finance and Overson is group director at Key Retirement.
The latter’s appointment is the first time an adviser firm representative has been on the board.
Nigel Waterson, chairman of the Equity Release Council, said: “Our new directors bring a wealth of experience and expert knowledge to the table, helping us represent this fast-growing market and steer the next phase of its evolution.
“I would also like to thank the outgoing board members for their valued support and guidance during this period of high growth.
“The rapid growth in demand for equity release products demonstrates the growing importance of housing wealth as a necessary source of income in later life.
“The council is focused – now more than ever – on supporting this momentum and facilitating the safe growth of the equity release sector.”
Other board members are:
• Nigel Waterson, chairman of The Council
• Donna Bathgate, chief operating officer of The Council
• Chris Pond, chairman of The Council’s Standards Board
• Paul Carter, chief executive of Pure Retirement
• Paul Barber, director of Retirement Bridge
• Deian Jones, managing director of Hodge Lifetime
• Roger Marsden, managing director, equity release, of Aviva
• Dave Harris, managing director of more2Life