PG Mutual members up by 55pc
The number of new members at PG Mutual increased by 55% between January and March compared to last year, the income protection provider announced.
The friendly society attributed the increase to a raised public awareness pushed by an increased frequency in income protection news.
Mike Perry, chief executive of PG Mutual, said: “People know that if their income stops the bills keep on coming, which raises the question ‘how do I pay them?’.
“At a time when the state is cutting back it is important that all healthcare professionals make sure their income is protected if they fall ill or have an accident. Ask yourself or your employer how much would I receive and for how long?
“If you are employed the state would provide £71.00 a week which will hardly protect most current lifestyles.”
- Million pound home sales fall
- Turner: Europe must give states right to cap LTVs
- Get Britain Building gets off the ground
- Self-employed have £180bn of bling
- H&R launches 3.69pc lifetime tracker
- Safe & Secure client info bought on eBay
- FTB applications up at Haart
- Mortgage Talk claims first NewBuy completion
- LBG ends exclusive branch sale talks with Co-op
Have Your Say