Jobs of the Week
Zoopla buys upmystreet
Property portal Zoopla has acquired property information website UpMyStreet for an undisclosed sum.
With immediate effect users of UpMyStreet will be re-directed to Zoopla.
Figures from website monitoring firm Nielson show that in March UpMyStreet received 600,000 unique users.
This deal follows the decision last month by The Office of Fair Trading to give Zoopla the go ahead for its merger with Digital Property Group which is expected to complete within the next few weeks.
Alex Chesterman, founder and chief executive officer of Zoopla, said: “Zoopla has had a commercial relationship with UpMyStreet.com for some time and this acquisition is a natural fit for us and allows us to further extend our audience and reach for the benefit of our members.”
- FTB approvals hit nine month low
- Transaction levels plummet in April
- Home movers expect house price rally
- What made the nationals: sponsored by PressChoice
- West One critical of residential bridgers
- Credit crunch scuppers parenthood
- Landlords upbeat on BTL
- FSA fines and bans Scottish broker
- Paragon defends rental conditions
- Stamp duty should pay for new housing
- Countrywide slams Shapps
Have Your Say