Abbey adds to home insurance offering
Abbey has been awarded a top five star rating by Defaqto for its Peace of Mind home insurance, following the addition of new features to the policy.
Abbey’s Peace of Mind cover will be one of only four home insurance policies available that combines a five star rating with the benefits of unlimited sum insured cover. The enhancements will be applied to new policies from 25 January and to existing policies when they are renewed, adjusted or a claim is made, at no extra cost.
– Up to £1,000 for replacement locks and keys, if keys are stolen
– Up to £5,000 to trace and access water leaks
– Increased owner’s liability cover of £2 million
The features added to Abbey’s contents cover include:
– Increased cover for theft or attempted theft of contents within house boundaries of £1,000
– Up to £2,500 to replace lost or damaged title deeds
– Increased cover for irrecoverable court awards from £1 million to £2 million
– Increased occupier’s liability cover to £2,000,000
– Limit for freezer contents increased from £500 to £750
– Cover for metered water or oil increased from £1,000 to £2,000
Lloyd Wilson, head of insurance marketing, Abbey said: “In a market that is very much price-led, it’s important that people also consider the value they’re getting for their money. Peace of Mind cover is all about giving people high quality cover at a great price. The new features and five star rating provide the reassurance that our cover does just that.”
Chris Johnston, Defaqto, said: “Often the first time someone realises the limits of their insurance cover is when they make a claim and it is turned down. A five star rating signifies that a policy has some of the best quality cover available in the market.”