Bankhall to host IFA professional development forums
The 15 UK events, which kick off on 7 September in Belfast and finish on 1 October in London, include interactive workshops run by Bankhall, Aviva, MetLife, M&G Investments, Standard Life, Investec Asset Management and Sun Life Financial of Canada.
The range of topics covered will provide a valuable insight for advisers by examining:
• The causes of the current poor performance of certain investment areas and where to look for better returns over the coming months;
• Guidance for clients who need their income to last longer in retirement;
• Impact of the removal of compulsory annuity purchase at age 75 and the potential advantages for clients;
• The concept of Behavioural Investment Counselling and understand how this can bring greater certainty to financial planning;
• Understand the latest type of guarantees in order to gauge when and where they might be appropriate for clients.
Nick Kelly, managing director, distribution for Sesame Bankhall Group said: “These forums are an ideal opportunity for IFA business owners, advisers and paraplanners to understand the latest developments in the wealth management arena. The events will help on a practical day-to-day level, whilst also providing a timely update on important long-term issues such as the impact of the RDR, to ensure that IFAs’ long term plans and preparation are on the right track.”