FSA announces conference programme
'The future of advisers in the retail market' will be held at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham on Wednesday 14 June.
The sector conference will focus on the future for advisers in the retail market and relevant issues. Key topics and speakers include:
– What might the future hold? Jeremy Oakley, director of transaction services, strategic and commercial intelligence, KPMG
– FSA reaction & view on current quality of advice. John Tiner, chief executive, FSA
-Product provider's view of the market. Benny Higgins, chief executive, HBOS
– Industry reaction. Simon Chamberlain, chief executive, Thinc Destini
– Industry Reaction. Stephen Leaman, chief executive, Openwork
Attendees will also be able to choose from targeted discussion groups held in the afternoon which include:
– General Insurance Brokers/Protection. Chair: Simon Bolam, principal, E H Ranson & Co, smaller businesses practitioner panel
– Financial Advice – Depolarisation. Chair: Chris Cummings, director-general, Association of Independent Financial Advisers
– Financial Advice – Turner/Pensions. Chair: Rebecca Driver, director of research, Association of British Insurers
– Mortgage Advice. Chair: Guy Batchelor, chairman, IMLA
The conference is from 9:30am until 4:30pm followed by a drinks reception and will be of particular interest to financial advisers, mortgage advisers and general insurance intermediaries as well as those working in the advice market.