Halifax council tax offer returns
Designed to help with the costs of buying a new home, the offer means the lender will pay half of the first year’s council tax bill, up to a maximum of £750.
The average council tax bill in Great Britain has increased by 121% over the past 13 years, from £529 in 1996-97 to £1,166 for the current financial year (2010-11).
The key features of the offer are:
• Halifax will pay half (50%) of the first annual council tax bill, up to a maximum of £750
• The offer is available on all Halifax homebuyer mortgages and within the FTB Choices range
• Available until 7 May 2010.
• 2 year fixed rate products for homemovers start from 3.59%
• Council tax will be paid directly to the customer’s local council
Commenting, Stephen Noakes, commercial director of mortgages at Lloyds Banking Group said: “We all know that moving into a new home can be both a stressful and expensive time. By paying half of the council tax bill, we’re supporting customers with one of their biggest monthly outgoings, at a time they need it most.”