Paradigm Mortgage Services has launched a series of mortgage and protection events ahead of Mortgage Credit Directive implementation on March 21.
Events will be held in Cardiff on 11 February, Colchester on 24 February, London on 25 February, Durham on 8 March and Gatwick on 22 March.
Bob Hunt, chief executive of Paradigm Mortgage Services, said: “In my experience, having the directive and its responsibilities explained directly to you can make all the difference and this is why our forthcoming events focus so firmly on the MCD and its requirements.
“We are attempting to spread this message as far and wide as possible over the next couple of months, and would therefore urge any firm or individual who is still unsure about what they need to be doing, to make sure they register now for an event near them.
“This is all about ensuring a smooth, ‘business as usual’ process is achieved but it will require time, effort and resource in order to get to this point – Paradigm wants to ensure no firm is left behind and everyone is clear about what these significant changes will mean in practical terms. Now is certainly the time for MCD action.”
Each event will offer an MCD update with a directly authorised adviser, while Paradigm will also offer its outlook for 2016. Lenders and providers will talk about their plans for the year ahead.
Paradigm has MCD-specific practical support material for advisers on its website, while it will exhibit at the Financial Services Expo Glasgow on Wednesday 16 March at the Hilton Hotel Glasgow.
Paradigm will be running over 30 events in 2016.
Details of the events are as follows:
• Cardiff – Thursday 11th February: MCD, Mortgage & Protection event – St Mellons Hotel, Castleton, St Mellons, Cardiff. Lenders and providers attending include: Royal London, Fleet Mortgages, Kensington, Exeter Friendly Society, Commercial Mortgage Desk, and Legal & General.
• Colchester – Wednesday 24th February: MCD, Mortgage & Protection event – Wivenhoe House Hotel, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester. Lenders and providers attending include: Coventry for Intermediaries, Metro Bank and Platform.
• London – Thursday 25th February: Specialist Protection Event – The Grange Holborn Hotel, 50-60 Southampton Row, London. Providers attending include: Aegon, iPipeline, The Exeter and AIG.
• Durham – Tuesday 8th March: Mortgage Masterclass with MCD session – Ramside Hall, Carrville, Durham. Lenders and providers to be confirmed.
• Gatwick – Tuesday 22nd March – Mortgage & Protection event – The Felbridge Hotel & Spa, London Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex. Lenders and providers to be confirmed.