Stroud and Swindon enhances product range
The range of two-year fixed rate deals have a maximum loan-to-value (LTV) of 90 per cent and are as follows:
– Two-year fixed at 4.45 per cent, reservation fee £199, completion fee £395 and an early repayment charge (ERC) of two per cent within the first two years. Discounted legal fees available for remortgages.
– Two-year fixed at 4.90 per cent, valuation fee for house purchase only, ERC of 2 per cent within the first two years, no product fees. Free valuation and legal fees for remortgages.
– Two year fixed flexible mortgage at 4.84 per cent, no ERC. Free valuation for remortgages.
Stroud and Swindon has also introduced a first-time-buyer five-year fixed at 4.89 per cent with a maximum LTV of 95 per cent. It includes free valuation, no higher lending charge (HLC) and no reservation fee. The completion fee is £395 and ERCs are reduced from five per cent within the first two years down to two per cent in year five.
Stroud and Swindon also have two two-year tracker mortgages with LTV of up to 90 per cent:
– Two-year Bank of England (BoE) base rate minus 0.06 per cent (currently 4.44 per cent) tracker until 31 May 2008, completion fee £395 and valuation fee, ERC of two per cent in the first two years and discounted legal fees for remortgages.
– Two-year BoE base rate plus 0.34 per cent (currently 4.84 per cent) tracker until 31 May 2008, valuation fee for house purchase only, ERC of two per cent within first two years, no product fees and free valuation and legal fees for remortgages.
Elaine Thomas, mortgage product development manager at Stroud and Swindon, said: “This new range offers FTBs a very attractive fixed rate with low upfront fees and options for other borrowers who wish to make a choice between lower interest rates or reduced fees.”