UCB modifies product range
The products are as follows:
– Two- and three-year flexible fixed rate products will replace the previous two- and three-year products on both the self-cert and buy-to-let ranges. These fixed rates and the existing five-year fixed rate products will now be competitively priced at 5.29 per cent across the board.
– Three two-year flexible and non-flexible self-cert mortgages are being launched, replacing the previous range of two-year products. The products are:
– Two-year non flexible tracker at 5.19 per cent (BBR plus 0.69 per cent)
– Two-year flexible tracker for advances up to £199,999 at 5.49 per cent (BBR plus 0.99 per cent)
– Two-year flexible tracker for advances of £200,000 and above at 5.39 per cent (BBR plus 0.89 per cent)
UCB Home Loans managing director, Keith Astill, said: “Standardising interest rates at 5.29 per cent on all of our flexible fixed rate products provides us with a strong and clear position that enables borrowers to make a choice to fix their term for two, three or five years without being influenced by rate. The rates are still some of the most competitive in the market and along with our other recent criteria enhancements give UCBHL a very strong proposition.
Referring to the withdrawal of the remortgage offer, he said: “The remortgage offer was extremely well received by our brokers and customers. However, it was a limited offer and we’ve decided to remove it from our product range for the time being.”